07 February 2009

Culture Spot: Ronald Reagan’s Birthday

On February the 6th, 1911, Ronald Wilson Reagan was born. He was the 33rd Governor of the State of California and the 40th President of the United States. President Reagan is know as one of the most beloved presidents in US history and is one of the most influential presidents of the 20th century.

Biography of President Reagan at the White House

The Reagan Library

Ronald Reagan’s major speeches

“Whatever else history may say about me when I’m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty’s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity’s arm steadying your way.” -  President Ronald Reagan

Tribute to Ronald Reagan (6 February 1911 - 5 June 2004)
 
 
President Ronald Reagan's Farewell Address Parts 1 & 2
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments or questions!!!